Nova Science Now
Video length: 12:06 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPd
Other materials addressing GPe
Other materials addressing 2d
Other materials addressing Cli
Other materials addressing 4g
Other materials addressing Hum
7.3 Environmental quality.
Energy affects quality of life .
6.5 Social and technological innovation.
Human use of energy.
2.5 Energy moves between reservoirs.
2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow.
2.7 Effects of changes in Earth's energy system .
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow .
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Science
- Discusses problem of increased CO2 emissions, greenhouse effect, and carbon sequestration.
- Scientist's research project tries to mimic what a tree can do in terms of absorbing CO2, and releasing O2.
- Comments from expert scientist: This is an interesting idea, but video should take into account the total estimated cost of removing CO2 from the atmosphere including materials, transportation, installation and not just the electricity used.
About the Pedagogy
- Interesting and engaging video about current research and development of innovative ideas related to trapping carbon.
- Video models the use of scientific method for solving complex problems.
- A 15-second commercial precedes video.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.