Video length: 3:16 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 3c
Other materials addressing Lif
Other materials addressing 6d
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Very short video that can be used to start off a unit on biomes and climate change.
- Teacher should start video after ad. Also of note: the video starts automatically when web page opened.
About the Science
- Describes how succulent plants in the South African Karoo biome are being impacted by recent changes to the climate that make it difficult for these plants to survive.
- Comments from expert scientist: This is a nice synopsis of the Karoo Biome and how climate change is impacting the succulents in this environment. It also has a helpful explanation of the impacts of the environment on the society that depends on it, in terms of impacts on disease, agriculture, and water availability. Though Midgley's model is mentioned early in the video, there is no link to the data or references to find more information.
About the Pedagogy
- Good quality of explanation and relevant illustrations. Key point: prior infrastructure planning was based on "normal" climate
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.