Laura Tenenbaum, Randal Jackson, NASA
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 7a
Other materials addressing 7b
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Allow students to investigate the various pieces of evidence in any order they see fit and hold a discussion afterwards.
- Could be used to start a discussion of climate change impacts. Learners can assess for themselves the changes taking place in our world.
- Could spark questions of how, why, and where data are collected.
- Links to selected data sets are included on a 'Source' page.
- Requires Adobe Flashplayer.
About the Science
- Robust resource for images and animations of change in ice coverage on Earth over the scientific record.
- Source data are referenced and all images are attributed.
- Comment from expert scientist: The visuals presented are technically very good and show some interesting events in Greenland, the Arctic, and Antarctica.
About the Pedagogy
- Learners can assess for themselves the changes taking place in our world.
- Rich, easy-to-access resource.
- A good variety of interesting interactives with a few embedded short videos.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.