Video length: 4:42 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 2e
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Science
- A thorough description of aerosols and their effect on climate.
- Types of aerosols and natural and anthropogenic sources of aerosols are discussed.
- The Glory satellite was launched on March 4, 2011 and failed to reach orbit.
- Title of video does not give good indication of what the video is about.
- Comment from expert scientist: The video, Hello Crud, portrays the current level of complexity and lack of knowledge in the climate effects of natural and anthropogenic aerosols as motivation for the Glory mission in which the APS will be deployed to probe aerosol global distributions.
- The clip is well made and the interviewee is a well respected scientist in the atmospheric aerosol field.
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- NASA video with good graphics and quality video.
- Lots of good information about aerosols and their role in climate.
Related URLs These related sites were noted by our reviewers but have not been reviewed by CLEANGlory satellite was launched March 4, 2011 and failed to reach orbit (http://glory.gsfc.nasa.gov/).
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.