UNEP Grid Arendal
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 1d
Other materials addressing 5b
Other materials addressing Our
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Can be complemented with related graphics, videos http://www.learner.org/courses/envsci/visual/animation.php?shortname=anm_polar_icecores and activities on Milankovitch/orbital cycles and their role in the climate system.
About the Science
- Graphic is slightly dated (2000) and could benefit from the inclusion of more recent ice core data going back 600K years from EPICA (Dome D).
- Comments from expert scientist: This webpage offers a graph of Vostok CO2 and Antarctic surface temperature, the latter reconstructed using dD data. The graphs appear accurate and it is nice to have a simple figure showing these two datasets.
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- Easy-to-access image can be downloaded.
- The site hosting this graphic provides detailed information on the source of data, use constraints and citation suggestions.
Related URLs These related sites were noted by our reviewers but have not been reviewed by CLEANAlso see comparison with EPICA ice core: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EPICA_delta_D_plot.svg
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.