Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPg
Other materials addressing 7f
Other materials addressing Cli
7.3 Environmental quality.
Energy affects quality of life .
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- The Global Warming Effects map could be used as a jumping off point for student research projects. There are a variety of other associated resources on the website.
- There are many related, supporting materials that link off of the map.
About the Science
- While the information looks accurate in the pop-up windows, original data sources are not provided. However the information appears to be related to the IPCC summary for policy makers.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- The map shows the varying impacts of climate change globally and addresses how different cultures and regions may be affected.
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- This is a very intuitive visualization that students could use without assistance.
- "What you can do to help" button leads to a follow up page that is not fully functional. The follow up page has three links. Two links are not about things you can do to help but to more information about the effects of global warming and the greenhouse effect, and the third link about Reducing Emissions is broken.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.