Media Learning Fundamentals
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPe
Other materials addressing GPf
Other materials addressing GPg
7.3 Environmental quality.
7.4 Fossil fuel supplies are limited.
Energy affects quality of life .
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Make this graphic into a poster and hang it in your classroom, or better yet, have students develop their own posters.
- Could be used as a (pre-post) assessment tool to gauge students' understanding of a problem.
About the Science
- Addresses a variety of solutions for combating global warming.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- It is best seen as an example of how mind maps can be used to summarize a number of related ideas with simple labels images and graphic design.
- Very student-friendly synopsis of what one can do to reduce their carbon footprint.
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- Map is included in an electronic book http://media.learningfundamentals.com.au/global-warming-ebook.pdf that contains other mind maps and commentary.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.