Video length: 13:40 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 2b
Other materials addressing 3c
Other materials addressing 6c
5.6 Environmental factors.
Energy decisions are influenced by several factors.
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This video helps to explain and demonstrate tipping points and the relationship between ocean and atmospheric temperatures.
- Runs into another video and an ad at 11:17.
About the Science
- The impacts of climate change on the ocean temperature currents and chemistry are described by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute scientists.
- Comments from expert scientist: The resource is from 2009, so it needs substantial updates. It is a simple resource that lacks depth, and should only be used for younger (middle school) students.
About the Pedagogy
- Excellent visuals, interviews with scientists.
- Features a female scientist prominently.
- Contains an effective demonstration-type experiment on the absorption of heat by ice and the tipping point phenomena.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.