University of Southern Mississippi University of Washington, Nature Conservancy
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing Cli
Other materials addressing 5b
Other materials addressing 5c
Other materials addressing Our
Other materials addressing 6c
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Teachers should click on the Case Study link in upper right to see how the Climate Wizard is being used by other organizations.
- Tool could be used in a social science class as well to explore how impacts of climate change could affect the economy.
About the Science
- Website allows users to view historic temperature and rainfall maps for all land surfaces (except Antarctica), view state-of-the-art future predictions of temperature and rainfall for the same areas, and view and download climate change maps for these areas in a few easy steps.
- Base climate projections are downscaled.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- The FAQ link in the top menu answers many questions that educators and students might have about how to use the climate wizard and background information on content and data.
- Students can visualize local impacts.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.