Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Climate is variable Climate varies over space and time through both natural and man-made processes
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles
- Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow through the Earth system.
- Various sources of energy are used to power human activities
- Energy decisions are influenced by several factors
- Human use of energy
- Energy affects quality of life The quality of life of individuals and societies is affected by energy choices.
Results 1 - 10 of 12 matches