Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Human use of energy Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Nature of Climate Science Includes the process of science and common misconceptions about climate science
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Sun is primary energy The Sun is the primary source of energy for Earth's climate system
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Life affects climate; climate affects life Life on Earth depends on, is shaped by, and affects climate
- Climate is variable Climate varies over space and time through both natural and man-made processes
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 6.1 Two meanings 'conservation of energy' Conservation of energy has two very different meanings.
- 6.2 Conserving energy One way to manage energy resources is through conservation.
- 6.3 Demand for energy is increasing Human demand for energy is increasing.
- 6.4 Earth has finite energy resources Earth has finite energy resources.
- 6.5 Social and technological innovation Social and technological innovation affects the amount of energy used by human society.
- 6.6 Behavior and design Behavior and design affect the amount of energy used by human society.
- 6.7 Embedded energy Products and services carry with them embedded energy.
- 6.8 Calculating and monitoring energy use Amount of energy used can be calculated and monitored.
Human use of energy68 matches General/Other
Results 1 - 10 of 85 matches