Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Our understanding of climate Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow > 2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean wamring; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Nature of Climate Science Includes the process of science and common misconceptions about climate science
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 5 a Climate system is subject to the same physical laws as the rest of the Universe
- 5 b Observations are the foundation for understanding the climate system
- 5 c Observations, experiments, and theory are used to construct and refine computer models
- 5 d Meteorology and climatology are related but different sciences, and their processes are modeled and forecast differently
- 5 e Climate models are robust enough to be used for guiding decision and actions as response to climate change
Our understanding of climatematches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow > 2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flowmatches
From the main search screen you can browse through the collection using the terms on the right of the screen.
This search tool not working as you like/expected?
Let us know.