Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Grade Levelshowing only High School (9-12) Show all Grade Level
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Biological processes depend on energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
Climate Literacy Principles
- Sun is primary energy The Sun is the primary source of energy for Earth's climate system
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Climate is variable Climate varies over space and time through both natural and man-made processes
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 3.5 Ecosystems are affected by availability of energy. Ecosystems are affected by changes in the availability of energy and matter.
- 3.6 Humans live within Earth's ecosystems. Humans live within Earth's ecosystems.
Biological processes depend on energy flow3 matches General/Other
Results 1 - 3 of 3 matches