Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Grade Levelshowing only High School (9-12) Show all Grade Level
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Climate change has consequences Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Biological processes depend on energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Nature of Climate Science Includes the process of science and common misconceptions about climate science
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 7 a Sea level rise and resulting impacts is due to melting ice and thermal expansion and increases the risk
- 7 b Effects of climate change on water cycle and freshwater availability
- 7 d Increased acidity of oceans and negative impacts on food chain due to increasing carbon dioxide levels
- 7 e Ecosystems on land and in the ocean have been and will continue to be disturbed by climate change
- 7 f Human health and well-being will be affected to different degrees from the impacts from climate change
Climate change has consequences4 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 3.4 Energy flows through food webs Energy flows through food webs in one direction, from producers to consumers and decomposers.
- 3.5 Ecosystems are affected by availability of energy. Ecosystems are affected by changes in the availability of energy and matter.
- 3.6 Humans live within Earth's ecosystems. Humans live within Earth's ecosystems.
Biological processes depend on energy flow
Results 1 - 10 of 15 matches