Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Grade Levelshowing only High School (9-12) Show all Grade Level
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Humans can take action Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Biological processes depend on energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Nature of Climate Science Includes the process of science and common misconceptions about climate science
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- GP a Climate science improves informed policy and decision-making
- GP b Reducing human vulnerability to and impacts on climate requires multi-disciplinary, integrated understanding
- GP c Climate change affects national security
- GP d Greenhouse gas reduction and carbon dioxide sequestration to mitigate climate change
- GP e Strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emission (energy conservation, renewable energies, change in energy use)
- GP f Strategies of human adaptation to climate change
- GP g Actions taken by different levels of society can mitigate climate change and increase preparedness for current and future generations
Humans can take action1 match General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 3.1 The Sun is major source of energy for organisms and ecosystems The Sun is the major source of energy for organisms and the ecosystems of which they are a part.
- 3.2 Food is a biofuel Food is a biofuel used by organisms to acquire energy for internal living processes.
- 3.4 Energy flows through food webs Energy flows through food webs in one direction, from producers to consumers and decomposers.
- 3.5 Ecosystems are affected by availability of energy. Ecosystems are affected by changes in the availability of energy and matter.
- 3.6 Humans live within Earth's ecosystems. Humans live within Earth's ecosystems.
Biological processes depend on energy flow
Results 1 - 7 of 7 matches