Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Climate and Energy Topicsshowing only Climate Impacts Show all Climate and Energy Topics
Grade Levelshowing only High School (9-12) Show all Grade Level
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Climate is complex Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics Show all Climate and Energy Topics
- Sea Level Rise
- Extreme Weather Increases in extreme weather intensity and frequency. Floods, drought, hurricanes, storms, heat waves.
- Ecosystem Changes Impacts to ecosystems, such as boreal forests, wetlands, tundra
- Plants and Animals Impacts to plant and animal species
- Melting Ice and Permafrost Includes glacial retreat and thinning
- Ocean Warming / Acidification Includes changes in ocean currents due to warming
- Agricultural Changes / Food Security
- Public Health
- Economic Impacts
Climate Impacts8 matches General/Other
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 2 b Ocean as climate control, oceanic conveyor belt; abrupt changes in thermohaline circulation
- 2 c Greenhouse effect
- 2 d Biogeochemical cycles of greenhouse gases / Carbon cycle
- 2 e Role of aerosols in climate system
- 2 f Equilibrium and feedback loops in climate system
Climate is complex2 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- Energy is a physical quantity Energy is a physical quantity that follows precise natural laws.
- Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow through the Earth system.
- Biological processes depend on energy flow Biological processes depend on energy flow through the Earth system.
- Various sources of energy are used to power human activities
- Energy decisions are influenced by several factors
- Energy affects quality of life The quality of life of individuals and societies is affected by energy choices.
Results 1 - 10 of 14 matches