Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Climate and Energy Topicsshowing only Climate Impacts Show all Climate and Energy Topics
Grade Levelshowing only High School (9-12) Show all Grade Level
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Humans can take action Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics Show all Climate and Energy Topics
- Sea Level Rise
- Extreme Weather Increases in extreme weather intensity and frequency. Floods, drought, hurricanes, storms, heat waves.
- Ecosystem Changes Impacts to ecosystems, such as boreal forests, wetlands, tundra
- Plants and Animals Impacts to plant and animal species
- Melting Ice and Permafrost Includes glacial retreat and thinning
- Availability of Water Resources including drought
- Agricultural Changes / Food Security
- National Security Includes climate refugees
- Public Health
- Economic Impacts
Climate Impacts14 matches General/Other
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- GP a Climate science improves informed policy and decision-making
- GP b Reducing human vulnerability to and impacts on climate requires multi-disciplinary, integrated understanding
- GP c Climate change affects national security
- GP d Greenhouse gas reduction and carbon dioxide sequestration to mitigate climate change
- GP e Strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emission (energy conservation, renewable energies, change in energy use)
- GP f Strategies of human adaptation to climate change
- GP g Actions taken by different levels of society can mitigate climate change and increase preparedness for current and future generations
Humans can take action5 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- Energy is a physical quantity Energy is a physical quantity that follows precise natural laws.
- Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow through the Earth system.
- Biological processes depend on energy flow Biological processes depend on energy flow through the Earth system.
- Various sources of energy are used to power human activities
- Energy decisions are influenced by several factors
- Human use of energy
- Energy affects quality of life The quality of life of individuals and societies is affected by energy choices.
Results 1 - 10 of 17 matches