Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Energy affects quality of life Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Environmental Education Guidelinesshowing only 1. Questioning, Analysis and Interpretation Skills > C) Collecting information Show all Environmental Education Guidelines
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Climate is variable Climate varies over space and time through both natural and man-made processes
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 7.3 Environmental quality Environmental quality is impacted by energy choices.
- 7.5 Access to energy affects quality of life Access to energy resources affects quality of life.
- 7.6 Vulnerable populations Some populations are more vulnerable to impacts of energy choices than others.
Energy affects quality of life7 matches General/Other
Environmental Education Guidelines Show all Environmental Education Guidelines
1. Questioning, Analysis and Interpretation Skills > C) Collecting information7 matches
Results 1 - 7 of 7 matches