Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Our understanding of climate Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Environmental Education Guidelinesshowing only 2. Knowledge of Environmental Processes and Systems > 2.1 The Earth as a Physical System > A) Processes that shape the Earth Show all Environmental Education Guidelines
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Nature of Climate Science Includes the process of science and common misconceptions about climate science
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 5 a Climate system is subject to the same physical laws as the rest of the Universe
- 5 b Observations are the foundation for understanding the climate system
- 5 c Observations, experiments, and theory are used to construct and refine computer models
- 5 d Meteorology and climatology are related but different sciences, and their processes are modeled and forecast differently
- 5 e Climate models are robust enough to be used for guiding decision and actions as response to climate change
Our understanding of climate6 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles
- Energy is a physical quantity Energy is a physical quantity that follows precise natural laws.
- Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow through the Earth system.
- Biological processes depend on energy flow Biological processes depend on energy flow through the Earth system.
- Various sources of energy are used to power human activities
- Energy decisions are influenced by several factors
- Energy affects quality of life The quality of life of individuals and societies is affected by energy choices.
Environmental Education Guidelines Show all Environmental Education Guidelines
2. Knowledge of Environmental Processes and Systems > 2.1 The Earth as a Physical System > A) Processes that shape the Earth59 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 59 matches