Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Resource Typeshowing only Video Show all Resource Type
Grade Levelshowing only College Upper (15-16) Show all Grade Level
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Humans affect climate Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 6 a Global warming is "very likely" caused by human greenhouse gas emission
- 6 b Increased GHG concentrations in atmosphere will remain high for centuries and affect future climate
- 6 c Human activities have increased GHG levels and altered global climate patterns
- 6 d Evidence shows that human-caused global warming have impacted ecosystem resulting in reduced biodiversity and ecological resilience
Humans affect climate1 match General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles
- Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow through the Earth system.
- Various sources of energy are used to power human activities
- Energy affects quality of life The quality of life of individuals and societies is affected by energy choices.
Results 1 - 5 of 5 matches