Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Grade Levelshowing only College Lower (13-14) Show all Grade Level
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Regional Focusshowing only North America Show all Regional Focus
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean wamring; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Climate is variable Climate varies over space and time through both natural and man-made processes
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 2.3 Earth's climate driven by the Sun Earth's weather and climate is mostly driven by energy from the Sun.
- 2.4 Water stores and transfers energy Water plays a major role in the storage and transfer of energy in the Earth system.
- 2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow Greenhouse gases affect energy flow through the Earth system.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow4 matches General/Other
Regional Focus Show all Regional Focus
- US Southwest California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, (Western) Texas, (Western) Colorado
- US Alaska
- US Coasts Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, California, Washington, Oregon, Alaska
North America1 match General/Other
Results 1 - 5 of 5 matches