Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Grade Levelshowing only College Lower (13-14) Show all Grade Level
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Humans can take action Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Nature of Climate Science Includes the process of science and common misconceptions about climate science
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- GP a Climate science improves informed policy and decision-making
- GP b Reducing human vulnerability to and impacts on climate requires multi-disciplinary, integrated understanding
- GP c Climate change affects national security
- GP d Greenhouse gas reduction and carbon dioxide sequestration to mitigate climate change
- GP e Strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emission (energy conservation, renewable energies, change in energy use)
- GP f Strategies of human adaptation to climate change
- GP g Actions taken by different levels of society can mitigate climate change and increase preparedness for current and future generations
Humans can take action5 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 2.3 Earth's climate driven by the Sun Earth's weather and climate is mostly driven by energy from the Sun.
- 2.4 Water stores and transfers energy Water plays a major role in the storage and transfer of energy in the Earth system.
- 2.5 Energy moves between reservoirs Movement of matter between reservoirs is driven by Earth's internal and external sources of energy.
- 2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow Greenhouse gases affect energy flow through the Earth system.
- 2.7 Effects of changes in Earth's energy system The effects of changes in Earth's energy system are often not immediately apparent.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow14 matches General/Other
Results 1 - 10 of 15 matches