Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Grade Levelshowing only College Lower (13-14) Show all Grade Level
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Human use of energy Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Nature of Climate Science Includes the process of science and common misconceptions about climate science
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Sun is primary energy The Sun is the primary source of energy for Earth's climate system
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Life affects climate; climate affects life Life on Earth depends on, is shaped by, and affects climate
- Climate is variable Climate varies over space and time through both natural and man-made processes
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 6.2 Conserving energy One way to manage energy resources is through conservation.
- 6.3 Demand for energy is increasing Human demand for energy is increasing.
- 6.4 Earth has finite energy resources Earth has finite energy resources.
- 6.5 Social and technological innovation Social and technological innovation affects the amount of energy used by human society.
- 6.6 Behavior and design Behavior and design affect the amount of energy used by human society.
- 6.8 Calculating and monitoring energy use Amount of energy used can be calculated and monitored.
Human use of energy34 matches General/Other
Results 1 - 10 of 44 matches