Collection of Climate and Energy Educational Resources
The CLEAN Collection is a hand-picked and rigorously reviewed collection of educational resources aligned with the
Climate Literacy and Energy Literacy frameworks.
The review process engages scientists and educators in vetting each resource for scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness and useability.Help
Current Search Limits
Grade Levelshowing only College Upper (15-16) Show all Grade Level
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Various sources of energy are used to power human activities > 4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Various sources of energy are used to power human activities > 4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy17 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 17 matches