Collection of Climate and Energy Educational Resources
The CLEAN Collection is a hand-picked and rigorously reviewed collection of educational resources aligned with the Climate Literacy and Energy Literacy frameworks.
The review process engages scientists and educators in vetting each resource for scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness and useability.Help
Current Search Limits
Climate and Energy Topicsshowing only Energy Use Show all Climate and Energy Topics
Grade Levelshowing only College Upper (15-16) Show all Grade Level
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Various sources of energy are used to power human activities Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics Show all Climate and Energy Topics
- Fossil Fuels
- Nuclear Energy
- Solar Energy
- Wind Energy
- Other Alternatives Hydropower, geothermal, tidal, biofuels, etc.
- Efficiency and Conservation
- Usage Trends Trends in energy use
- Energy Policy
- Energy Infrastructure Includes the electricity grid and all types of energy distribution
Energy Use8 matches General/Other
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy Humans transfer and transform energy from the environment into forms useful for human endeavors.
- 4.2 Human use of energy is subject to limits and constraints Human use of energy is subject to limits and constraints.
- 4.3 Fossil and bio fuels contain energy captured from sunlight Fossil and bio fuels are organic matter that contain energy captured from sunlight.
- 4.4 Humans transport energy Humans transport energy from place to place.
- 4.5 Electricity generation Electricity is usually generated in one of two ways.
- 4.7 Different sources of energy have different benefits and drawbacks Different sources of energy and the different ways energy can be transformed, transported and stored each have different benefits and drawbacks.
Various sources of energy are used to power human activities2 matches General/Other
Results 1 - 10 of 18 matches