Collection of Climate and Energy Educational Resources
The CLEAN Collection is a hand-picked and rigorously reviewed collection of educational resources aligned with the Climate Literacy and the Energy Literacy frameworks, and the Next Generation Science Standards.
The review process engages scientists and educators in vetting each resource for scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness and useability.Help
Current Search Limits
Resource Typeshowing only Visualization Show all Resource Type
Grade Levelshowing only High School (9-12) Show all Grade Level
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Energy is a physical quantity Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Resource Type Show all Resource Type
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 1.2 Thermal energy The energy of a system or object that results in its temperature is called thermal energy.
- 1.3 Energy is neither created nor destroyed Energy is neither created nor destroyed.
- 1.4 Energy quality degrades over time Energy available to do useful work decreases as it is transferred from system to system.
- 1.6 Chemical and nuclear reactions Chemical and nuclear reactions involve transfer and transformation of energy.
- 1.7 Units of energy Many different units are used to quantify energy.
Energy is a physical quantity
Results 1 - 7 of 7 matches