Collection of Climate and Energy Educational Resources
The CLEAN Collection is a hand-picked and rigorously reviewed collection of educational resources aligned with the Climate Literacy and the Energy Literacy frameworks, and the Next Generation Science Standards.
The review process engages scientists and educators in vetting each resource for scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness and useability.Help
Current Search Limits
Climate and Energy Topicsshowing only Causes of Climate Change Show all Climate and Energy Topics
Grade Levelshowing only Informal Show all Grade Level
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Various sources of energy are used to power human activities Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics Show all Climate and Energy Topics
- Anthropogenic Changes enhanced greenhouse effect, emissions, land use changes
Causes of Climate Change1 match General/Other
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Life affects climate; climate affects life Life on Earth depends on, is shaped by, and affects climate
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy Humans transfer and transform energy from the environment into forms useful for human endeavors.
- 4.3 Fossil and bio fuels contain energy captured from sunlight Fossil and bio fuels are organic matter that contain energy captured from sunlight.
- 4.7 Different sources of energy have different benefits and drawbacks Different sources of energy and the different ways energy can be transformed, transported and stored each have different benefits and drawbacks.
Various sources of energy are used to power human activities
Results 1 - 5 of 5 matches