Collection of Climate and Energy Educational Resources
The CLEAN Collection is a hand-picked and rigorously reviewed collection of educational resources aligned with the Climate Literacy and Energy Literacy frameworks.
The review process engages scientists and educators in vetting each resource for scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness and useability.Help
Current Search Limits
Climate and Energy Topicsshowing only Causes of Climate Change Show all Climate and Energy Topics
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Human use of energy Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics Show all Climate and Energy Topics
- Cyclical and Natural Changes
- Anthropogenic Changes enhanced greenhouse effect, emissions, land use changes
Causes of Climate Change5 matches General/Other
Climate Literacy Principles
- Humans can take action Humans can take actions to reduce climate change and its impacts.
- Climate is complex Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system
- Life affects climate; climate affects life Life on Earth depends on, is shaped by, and affects climate
- Climate is variable Climate varies over space and time through both natural and man-made processes
- Our understanding of climate Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling
- Humans affect climate Human activities are impacting the climate system
- Climate change has consequences Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 6.1 Two meanings 'conservation of energy' Conservation of energy has two very different meanings.
- 6.2 Conserving energy One way to manage energy resources is through conservation.
- 6.3 Demand for energy is increasing Human demand for energy is increasing.
- 6.5 Social and technological innovation Social and technological innovation affects the amount of energy used by human society.
- 6.6 Behavior and design Behavior and design affect the amount of energy used by human society.
- 6.8 Calculating and monitoring energy use Amount of energy used can be calculated and monitored.
Human use of energy
Benchmarks for Science Literacy Show all Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Results 1 - 10 of 18 matches