Collection of Climate and Energy Educational Resources
The CLEAN Collection is a hand-picked and rigorously reviewed collection of educational resources aligned with the Climate Literacy and Energy Literacy frameworks.
The review process engages scientists and educators in vetting each resource for scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness and useability.Help
Current Search Limits
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Climate is variable Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Regional Focusshowing only North America Show all Regional Focus
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Human Responses to Climate Includes policy, mitigation, adaptation, risk management, personal responsibility
- Nature of Climate Science Includes the process of science and common misconceptions about climate science
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 4 a Definition of climate and climatic regions
- 4 b Climate is not the same thing as weather – defining difference
- 4 c Climate change vs. climate variability and patterns
- 4 d Changes in climate is normal but varies over times/ space
- 4 e Global warming and especially arctic warming is recorded in natural geological and historic records
- 4 f Evidence is that human impacts are playing an increasing role in climate change
Climate is variable3 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles
- Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow through the Earth system.
- Biological processes depend on energy flow Biological processes depend on energy flow through the Earth system.
- Energy affects quality of life The quality of life of individuals and societies is affected by energy choices.
Regional Focus Show all Regional Focus
- US Northeast (West Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts)
- US Great Lakes Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York
- US Great Plains (Eastern) New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, (Eastern) Colorado
- US Southwest California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, (Western) Texas, (Western) Colorado
- US Northwest Washington, Oregon, Idaho, (Western) Montana
- US Alaska
- US Coasts Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, California, Washington, Oregon, Alaska
North America6 matches General/Other
Results 1 - 10 of 20 matches