Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Climate and Energy Topicsshowing only Climate Impacts Show all Climate and Energy Topics
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Climate is variable Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics Show all Climate and Energy Topics
- Sea Level Rise
- Extreme Weather Increases in extreme weather intensity and frequency. Floods, drought, hurricanes, storms, heat waves.
- Ecosystem Changes Impacts to ecosystems, such as boreal forests, wetlands, tundra
- Plants and Animals Impacts to plant and animal species
- Melting Ice and Permafrost Includes glacial retreat and thinning
- Ocean Warming / Acidification Includes changes in ocean currents due to warming
- Availability of Water Resources including drought
- Agricultural Changes / Food Security
- Economic Impacts
Climate Impacts27 matches General/Other
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 4 a Definition of climate and climatic regions
- 4 b Climate is not the same thing as weather – defining difference
- 4 c Climate change vs. climate variability and patterns
- 4 d Changes in climate is normal but varies over times/ space
- 4 e Global warming and especially arctic warming is recorded in natural geological and historic records
- 4 f Evidence is that human impacts are playing an increasing role in climate change
- 4 g Natural processes of CO2 removal from atmosphere is slow; Long residence time of some GHG
Climate is variable8 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles
- Energy is a physical quantity Energy is a physical quantity that follows precise natural laws.
- Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow through the Earth system.
- Various sources of energy are used to power human activities
- Energy affects quality of life The quality of life of individuals and societies is affected by energy choices.
Results 1 - 10 of 53 matches