Collection of Climate and Energy Educational Resources
The CLEAN Collection is a hand-picked and rigorously reviewed collection of educational resources aligned with the Climate Literacy and Energy Literacy frameworks.
The review process engages scientists and educators in vetting each resource for scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness and useability.Help
Current Search Limits
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Sun is primary energy Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Regional Focusshowing only No Regional Focus Show all Regional Focus
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
- Measuring and Modeling Climate Instrumental measurements, proxy data, climate model projections
- Climate Impacts Includes sea level rise; extreme weather; drought; changes to ecosystems, plants and animals; melting ice and permafrost; ocean warming; impacts to water resources, agriculture, public health and national security
- Energy Use Sources of energy, usage trends, conservation, policy
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 1 a Sunlight warms the planet
- 1 b Earth's Energy balance
- 1 c Axial tilt of Earth governs incoming sunlight and seasonality
Sun is primary energy2 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 2.2 Sources of energy on Earth Sunlight, gravitational potential, decay of radioactive isotopes, and rotation of the Earth are the major sources of energy driving physical processes on Earth.
- 2.3 Earth's climate driven by the Sun Earth's weather and climate is mostly driven by energy from the Sun.
- 2.4 Water stores and transfers energy Water plays a major role in the storage and transfer of energy in the Earth system.
- 2.5 Energy moves between reservoirs Movement of matter between reservoirs is driven by Earth's internal and external sources of energy.
- 2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow Greenhouse gases affect energy flow through the Earth system.
- 2.7 Effects of changes in Earth's energy system The effects of changes in Earth's energy system are often not immediately apparent.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow
Results 1 - 10 of 18 matches