Educational Resources: Search the CLEAN Collection
Scientifically and pedagogically reviewed digital resources for teaching about climate science, climate change, and energy awareness
Current Search Limits
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Sun is primary energy Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Dataset Useshowing only Students Use Scientific Dataset Show all Dataset Use
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics
- Climate System Includes natural processes within the climate system: orbital patterns, solar radiation, oceans, atmosphere, water cycle, the natural greenhouse effect, carbon cycle, regional climates and differences between climate and weather.
- Causes of Climate Change Includes natural changes (cyclic variability, volcanic eruptions, solar output) and human-caused changes (due to GHG emissions and land use changes)
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 1 a Sunlight warms the planet
- 1 b Earth's Energy balance
- 1 c Axial tilt of Earth governs incoming sunlight and seasonality
Sun is primary energy1 match General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 2.2 Sources of energy on Earth Sunlight, gravitational potential, decay of radioactive isotopes, and rotation of the Earth are the major sources of energy driving physical processes on Earth.
- 2.3 Earth's climate driven by the Sun Earth's weather and climate is mostly driven by energy from the Sun.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow2 matches General/Other
Results 1 - 3 of 3 matches