Collection of Climate and Energy Educational Resources
The CLEAN Collection is a hand-picked and rigorously reviewed collection of educational resources aligned with the Climate Literacy and Energy Literacy frameworks.
The review process engages scientists and educators in vetting each resource for scientific accuracy, pedagogic effectiveness and useability.Help
Current Search Limits
Climate and Energy Topicsshowing only Climate System Show all Climate and Energy Topics
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Sun is primary energy Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Energy Literacy Principlesshowing only Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow Show all Energy Literacy Principles
Refine the Results
Climate and Energy Topics Show all Climate and Energy Topics
- Global Energy Balance
- Orbital Cycles such as Milankovitch Cycles
- Solar Radiation
- Atmospheric Composition
- Greenhouse Effect natural greenhouse effect
- Atmospheric Circulation
- Ocean and Climate The ocean's role in the climate system; interactions between ocean and climate
- Climate Feedbacks
- Water Cycle Evaporation, precipitation, sublimation, evapotranspiration, water vapor
- Carbon Cycle
- Regional Climates
- Climate Compared to Weather
Climate System3 matches General/Other
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- 1 a Sunlight warms the planet
- 1 b Earth's Energy balance
- 1 c Axial tilt of Earth governs incoming sunlight and seasonality
Sun is primary energy3 matches General/Other
Energy Literacy Principles Show all Energy Literacy Principles
- 2.1 Changes in energy flow over time Earth is constantly changing as energy flows through the system.
- 2.2 Sources of energy on Earth Sunlight, gravitational potential, decay of radioactive isotopes, and rotation of the Earth are the major sources of energy driving physical processes on Earth.
- 2.3 Earth's climate driven by the Sun Earth's weather and climate is mostly driven by energy from the Sun.
- 2.4 Water stores and transfers energy Water plays a major role in the storage and transfer of energy in the Earth system.
- 2.5 Energy moves between reservoirs Movement of matter between reservoirs is driven by Earth's internal and external sources of energy.
- 2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow Greenhouse gases affect energy flow through the Earth system.
- 2.7 Effects of changes in Earth's energy system The effects of changes in Earth's energy system are often not immediately apparent.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow1 match General/Other
Results 1 - 10 of 26 matches